The Education Safeguarding Advisory Team (ESAT) offer a review with schools to support the school to understand their practice, identify any areas of strength and areas for development.
We offer training and briefings to education staff including Education specific generalist level, Lead Trainer and Safer recruitment, SVSH and 7 minute briefings. Consultation and advice about low level concerns that do not meet LADO threshold. Hold safeguarding forums to support and share practice. Collecting and collating the Section 175/157 report.
- What is the School Safeguarding Advisory Review? (docx format, 21Kb)
- ESAT Safeguarding advisory review - Terms of Reference (docx format, 23Kb)
To access the ESAT Templates, please contact the team directly.
- Working together to safeguard children
- DFE guidance; child abuse concerns, a guide for practitioners
- DFE guidance, Protecting Children from Radicalisation: the Prevent duty
- DFE guidance; Designated Teacher for Looked-after children
- Understanding and dealing with issues relating to Parental responsibility
- DFE guidance on regulated activity
- DFE guidance; Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006
- Introduction: Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education
- DfE guidance: Controlling access to school premises
- Toolkit for schools - Data protection
Safeguarding themes including neglect
- OSCB website
- Operation Encompass
- Practitioner Toolkit information and tools for issues arising in work with children, young people and families.
- Safer recruitment guidance for schools
- Letter of assurance for OCC staff (pdf format, 67Kb)
- Safer working practices (pdf format, 448Kb)