Oxfordshire County Council Learning and School Improvement Team can allocate experienced external advisers to provide professional guidance through the headteacher appraisal process, ensuring that you have the appropriate support to make this a useful process for all involved.
Important: The deadline to complete all processes for headteacher appraisal is 31 December each year.
The Headteacher Appraisal Support Package will include:
- Provision of an experienced and qualified external adviser
- An analysis of school performance data and additional evidence by the Adviser in advance of the meeting. This information will be provided by the headteacher and will:
- inform decisions about last year’s objectives
- support the discussions around the objectives for the coming academic year
- Three consecutive meetings with the Adviser to review performance and to set the objectives for the next year. These meetings will be with:
- The Headteacher and Adviser
- The Panel and Adviser
- The Headteacher, Panel and Adviser
- Drafting of the appraisal review document, including the new objectives. This will be forwarded to the Chair of the panel for any additions, amendments and adjustments before being sent to the headteacher for signing
The cost for this service is £750.
An experienced adviser will be allocated to you by the Learning and School Improvement Team and an invoice will be raised and sent to the school once your appraisal date is confirmed.
Should you require sign-posts to external advisers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.