Stress is one of the biggest causes of absence. It also affects morale, working relationships, job satisfaction and productivity.
Stress isn’t always down to work, in fact 60% of stress-related absence is for non-work causes (CIPD). But it’s often due to a combination of factors and there is lot that you can and should do as a manager.
This page covers:
- Your legal obligations and responsibilities
- Preventing work related stress
- Step by step guide on assessing the risks
- What to do if an employee shows signs of stress or reports feeling stressed
- What if stress is caused by a personal issue?
- Managing stress related absence
- Sources of advice for managers and training
Also, in relation to this there is the Mental health information page available.