The Learner Engagement Team are proud to announce a specialist conference to support all practitioners working in educational settings in meeting the needs of LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning children, young people and families.
The conference will take place on Monday 3rd February (to launch LGBT History Month) at Unipart House, 9am to 4pm.
The following themes and more will be addressed by speakers and workshops:
- National picture – Presentation by Stonewall UK
- Local picture – Presentation by LGBT+ advocates working within Oxfordshire
- Promoting positive mental health and well-being for LGBT+ children and young people
- Being an LGBT+ inclusive faith school
- Creating an LGBT+ inclusive curriculum
- Faith and Sexuality – Hidayah (Gender, Sexuality and Islam)
- Setting up an LGBT+ group or safe space in your school
- Exploring trans identities
- Meeting the needs of LGBT+ C&YP in schools as a support worker
- Resources and services available to support LGBT+, non-binary and gender questioning C&YP
For more information and to book onto this upcoming event, click here.