The Clerking Service provides a team of professional and knowledgeable Clerks able to provide advice, guidance, and administrative support to all types of governing boards across Oxfordshire.
Our Clerks are supported by Governor Services and are kept up to date with the latest educational and legislative developments.
Our standard subscription is delivered to Boards under a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and includes:
- The Clerking of six full board meetings
- Proactive support with agenda setting, liaising with the Chair and Headteacher to prepare a focused agenda for governing board meetings
- Liaising with those preparing papers to make sure they are available on time, and distribute the agenda and papers are required by legislation
- Attendance at meetings to take minutes and provide advice on governance issues, when required
- Drafting minutes of meetings, indicating who is responsible for any agreed actions with time scales, and send to the Chair and Headteacher within 7 working days of the meeting
- Supporting the board in maintaining records of policies and procedural documents
- Maintaining membership records and advising governors and appointing bodies in advance of the expiry of a governor’s term of office and the impact of this on the board’s capacity, diversity, and skills mix
More information, including our charging structure, can be found in our Clerking 2022-23 Service Level Agreement (pdf format, 315Kb)
What our customers say:
"I want to extend year-end thanks to our dedicated Clerk for her knowledgeable support this year. We were asked to print minutes from FGB meetings for Ofsted and, as I sat in the school reception reading over them again on the day of Inspection, I was reminded how lucky we are to have such a skilled and dedicated clerk. Thank you!"
Our team of experienced Clerks can also support specialist panel work, including complaints, suspension and exclusion panels and HR panels.
If your board is considering subscribing to the Clerking Service or you require support with specialist panel work, please contact Joanne Myers, Clerk to Governors Team Lead on 07922 848530 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements in full detail.
Details of training opportunities for clerks and resources to aid clerks in their role can now be found on the Clerking training and resources page