Governor Services offers three strands of training for governors, trustees, committee representatives and clerks:
- The core package offered remotely through Microsoft Teams. This is available via a subscription or on a ‘pay to use’ basis (see below for current rate). Subscribing schools are able to access free, unlimited attendance to any of the courses on offer (subject to available places).
- One-off Events and Briefings which are free to all board members and clerks. These are advertised separately through GovernorHub and Schools News.
- Free online Bitesize Training for board members and clerks to complete in your own time, available here: Governor Services Bitesize Training
- Summer Term 2022 Governor Training Programme (pdf format, 132Kb)
- Summer Term 2022 Clerks Training Programme (pdf format, 143Kb)
Current Pay As You Use rates
Governor and non-LA clerk training
- Induction - £550 per governor, £350 per clerk
- All other sessions - £150 per governor/clerk
How to access the training
For all maintained schools in Oxfordshire, training can be booked directly through GovernorHub by clicking on Oxfordshire Governor Services Training tab. If your school subscribes to training, there will be no additional charge for this training. All other bookings will be charged on a ‘pay as you use’ basis.
For schools with no access to GovernorHub, bookings can be made through Governor Services:
- By email to email@example.com
- By phone on 03300 249046
Both of these methods will require a name and email address so the booking can be added to our online system and the joining link sent to you.
By the delegate:
- Course booking cancellations with less than 21 days notice will incur the full pay as you go rate as listed above.
By Governor Services:
- Governor Services reserves the right to cancel any course/event if there are insufficient numbers to make it viable, or in the unlikely event that a venue or trainer becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and the offer of a free transfer to another course or programme date, or a full refund of payment made (refund applies to non-subscribing schools only).