Schools and colleges are required to share data about the activity of their students with the local authority. This supports the duty on the local authority to track all young people from 16-19 years. This helps to identify those young people that are not in education, employment or training (NEET) and to offer them support.
Overview of data and templates required by the Local Authority
Schools with Sixth Forms
- Students on roll in Y12 and Y13 (September) (xls format, 16Kb)
- Actual destinations of former students who have completed their course leaving YR11, YR12 and YR13 (October) (xls format, 14Kb)
- Intended destinations of current Y11 and Offers of Learning to students in Y11 (April) (xls format,19Kb)
- Early Leavers - students in Y12 and Y13 who drop-out of their course before completing (all year)
- Students on roll, aged 16-19, or 25 if with an EHCP (September) (xls format, 15Kb)
- Actual destinations of students that completed their course/left the previous academic year (October) (xls format, 14Kb)
- Offers to students in Y11 (April and June) (xls format, 16Kb)
- Early leavers - students in Y12 and Y13 who drop-out of their course before completing (all year)
Guidance on tracking student destinations
Tracking student destination can take time and become a large task if preparation is not in place. We have put some guidance together for schools on how to make the tracking process more manageable.
Enquiries and data to be sent through to: Tracy D’Arcy at tracy.d’email@example.com
Data sharing practicalities
ULNs (Unique Learner Number)
All Census and Destination data your school supplies to Oxfordshire County Council will need to include students’ Unique Learner Numbers (ULNs). ULNs are statutory for all students aged 14+.
To obtain ULNs for your students you will need to register with the Learning Records Service (LRS).
Using ULNs saves a significant amount of time and resource when processing student data and tracks an individual’s learning record from school into adulthood.
Oxfordshire County Council uses Egress Switch which is an email encryption product to making the sharing of sensitive information secure with third parties. We strongly encourage schools and colleges to set up an account so data can be shared this way. It is free and requires just some time to set it up.
Please do get in touch with us if you have any problems.