Oxfordshire County Council has statutory duties to set and agree a local syllabus in conjunction with a Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE).
Religious Education (RE) is part of the basic curriculum and all schools are expected to provide RE for all their pupils. The Oxfordshire Locally Agreed Syllabus is soundly based on educational principle and helps pupils develop an understanding of the world, their communities and their own search for meaning, purpose and value in their lives. It develops reflection on experience, deeper thinking, conceptual creativity and knowledge, and knowledge and understanding of, and sensitivity towards, people of different faiths, beliefs and life-styles.
Oxfordshire SACRE provides support to schools on the provision of RE through the Locally Agreed Syllabus. On this page you can access the SACRE Annual Report and minutes of meetings.
Resources and links
Agreed syllabus training 2015-2020
- Agreed syllabus learning process (ppt format, 36Kb)
- Agreed syllabus presentation (ppt format, 93Kb)
- Conceptual creativity (ppt format, 38Kb)
- Progression through the aims (pdf format.64Kb)
- Progression through the learning process (pdf format, 73Kb)
- Transition through the key stages (pdf format, 76Kb)
Faith community contact details for schools
- Baha'is of Oxfordshire (pdf format, 187Kb)
- Christchurch Cathedral (pdf format, 185Kb)
- Hindus (pdf format, 412Kb)
- Islam (pdf format, 180Kb)
- Methodists (pdf format, 176Kb)
- Oxford humanists (pdf format, 175Kb)
- Oxford Jewish Congregation (pdf format, 188Kb)
- Oxfordshire Community churches (pdf format, 193Kb)