Recent research and up to date Department for Education (DfE) information will be posted here for easy access. In addition, local case studies, information about local networks, workshops and training will be added as appropriate.
- DfE guidance (updated October 2019) - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings
- DfE guidance on what must be published on the school website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/what-maintained-schools-must-publish-online
- National Governor’s Association Report – Spotlight on Disadvantage (pdf format, 250Kb). The role and impact of governing bodies in spending, monitoring and evaluating the pupil premium
- Schools and Social Mobility – Amelia Walker, Deputy Director, Research and Evaluation, Ofsted. Amelia Walker (pdf format, 502Kb). This is a very useful overview of Ofsted focus on disadvantage.
- The Ofsted Annual Report 2017-2018. Ofsted annual report (pdf format, 3.8Mb) has a focus on disadvantaged learners.
- The Oxfordshire Pupil Premium Review preparation template (docx format, 256Kb)
- Knowledge Organiser - mind the gap - A very useful cross curricular resource for both secondary and primary teachers
- Closing the Gap Action Plan QE's / The Principles of Instruction - Some good examples of planning for disadvantaged learners.
- EEF Guide to the Pupil Premium (2021) is a practical guide to support schools to develop their pupil premium strategy based on the best evidence, and to meet updated DfE requirements.
- EEF Guide for Schools, Governors and Trustees - This is a really useful guide for schools to use when considering how to spend pupil premium funding.
- Using pupil premium: guidance for school leaders (DfE March 2022)
The Oxfordshire School Inclusion Team (OXSIT) can be commissioned to conduct Pupil Premium Reviews in your school. Please contact us to arrange a visit OXSIT@Oxfordshire.gov.uk
- A Pupil Premium poster (pdf format, 176Kb) and flyer (pdf format, 176Kb) to display and share to promote take up with families of children who have just started school. (Reception)