The Performance and Information Team, previously the Data Analysis Team, provides support in the collection, analysis and dissemination of a range of education data to both internal and external colleagues. The main areas of work include statutory data collections, data analysis and support/advice on key systems.
Statutory data collections
There are a number of statutory returns that must be completed each year. Data is collected from schools by specified deadlines and the team quality assures the data before submitting it to the DfE.
- School Census (3 times a year)
- Early Years Census (once a year)
- Parental Responsibility Measures (formally PRAB Return)
A large amount of analysis is carried out, both for colleagues within OCC and for schools. This work helps to inform decision making in relation to Education within the Local Authority and also provides schools with data trends of their attainment. Ad-hoc requests from individual schools for specific data is also provided where possible.
- Data integrity
Support and advice
Advice is provided on a number of systems that are available to schools. The Team can signpost schools to contacts within other organisations for support where required.
- Key to Success
- NCA tools
- Alison Wallis – Performance and Information Manager (Education and Early Intervention)
- Jenny Law – Senior Information Analyst (Education)
- Simon Mawdsley – Information Analyst (Education)
- Thomas Quarterman - Information Analyst (Education)
- Margaret Edwards – Information Support Officer (Education, EI and Social Care)
If you need to contact the team email firstname.lastname@example.org