The service is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the health, and well-being of all employees at work. It provides medical advice to headteacher’s, managers and employees to assist and support attendance at work.
We can help your school to:
- Increase attendance of employees at work
- Give advice and screen medical assessments for staff who have been offered posts
- Give advice and guidance following management referrals
Key benefits to the school
- Access to the service during normal working hours as well as access to an Occupational Health Information On-line service out of hours
- Confidential service where medical ethics are strictly adhered to
- Impartial advice is given supporting both the employee and the employer
What does the service offer?
- Medical assessment screening for all new employees
- Advice and guidance following management referrals
- Psychological assessment by a doctor in line with schools’ ‘fit to work’ requirements
- Advice and guidance to management and employees on all relevant legislation
- On-line systems, providing online case management and online case tracking
- On-line health promotion linked to the intranet
- Appointment reminders: email/text reminders to employees prior to their appointments
- Management occupational health advice (via a dedicated management helpline)
- Both face-to-face and telephone consultations are available
The service does not include physiotherapy treatments.
Where cancellation notice of 48 hours is not given to Occupational Health by the school, the school will be charged for the missed appointment unless there are mitigating circumstances. Another appointment must be arranged for the employee through their manager. This can be delegated to the employee to re-arrange if the manager informs the Occupational Health service.
Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme can now be purchased separately.
Occupational Health can be purchased for £11.33 per person
Employee Assistance Programme can be purchased for £6.21 per person
Charges reflect full amount payable for 12 month period from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
Occupational Health can be purchased for £11.50 per person
Employee Assistance Programme can be purchased for £6.30 per person
Charges reflect full amount payable for 12 month period from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018
If you require any additional services please contact us to discuss your requirements.