A key part of delivering good CEIAG is getting employers involved with school activities and getting young people out to experience the world of work.
Opportunities to Inspire (O2i) - Local resource for linking to employers
O2i is a facility for schools and businesses to use to link to each other. Sign-up on the website and find opportunities for your school. This website was just launched in December 2014 so is in the early stages but hopes.
- Visit the O2i website
Resources for the Curriculum & Classroom
- LifeSkills - created with Barclays, helps young people get skills and experiences online, to help them enter the world of work. Young people and teachers can sign-up online.
- Why Does Employer Engagement Matter? A tool kit for managing employer activities in schools and colleges, created by the CDI.
Labour Market Information (LMI)
LMI is an important part of CEIAG as it can inform the choices that young people make and raise their awareness of the job market.
The Local Job Market - A Guide for Young People in Oxfordshire (pdf format, 2.5Mb)
Summary of Oxfordshire's Labour Market Information.
Careers of the Future - A publication from UKCES which profiles key jobs of the future in a friendly presentation. Could be useful document to use with young people.
- National Careers Service LMI Oxfordshire - the website gives an overview of LMI in Oxfordshire
- Labour Insight Quarterly Report (pdf format, 477Kb) - a quarterly report which analyses job vacancies in Oxfordshire advertised online
- Oxfordshire Skills Needs Analysis April 2013 (pdf format, 872Kb) - an annual report looking local and national data
- Nomis Website - Holds official labour market statistics nationally. You can chose different reports to pull-off
Each district council in Oxfordshire provides services to businesses in their area. You can find useful information on their websites about local business news, networking events and more.
- West Oxfordshire District Council
- Oxford City Council
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- Cherwell District Council
Also the Oxford Times publish inbusiness, a monthly magazine which profiles businesses in Oxfordshire. You can receive the magazine electronically by signing up.