Employers can refer essential workers for testing if they are self-isolating because either they or member(s) of their household have coronavirus symptoms.
They can do this by uploading the names and contact details of self-isolating essential workers to the secure employer referral portal.
Referred essential workers will then receive a text message with a unique invitation code to book a test for themselves (if symptomatic) or their symptomatic household member(s) at a regional testing site.
To get a login to the employer referral portal, employers of essential workers should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- organisation name
- nature of the organisation’s business
- names (where possible) and email addresses of the 2 users who will load essential worker contact details
Once employer details have been verified, 2 login credentials will be provided for the employer referral portal.
See the list of essential workers below
- education and childcare workers, including:
- support and teaching staff
- social workers
- specialist education professionals