Following the change in service from Carillion back to Oxfordshire County Council this is a reminder of the arrangements for gas and electricity billing for maintained schools sites.
The County Council procure energy on behalf of all corporate sites and maintained schools through Laser (a public sector buying organisation). The current suppliers are Npower for electricity and Total for gas.
New pricing for gas and electricity is announced each March and October and schools are informed by the Energy Bureau Team as well as Schools Finance Manager briefings.
Whilst schools pay their bills directly, the council validates bills and will support schools by raising any queries with suppliers following the process below:
- The Council receives electronic files containing invoiced data from the previous month.
- These files are imported onto our database Systems Link which will identify billing anomalies.
- Any anomalies such as gaps in billing, reads not running in line or excessive estimated billing are raised with the supplier. These are then monitored until resolution.
- Other queries such as read requests will be raised with the site.
- To ensure that billing does not get too out of line, quarterly reads from site are needed. This should include the date, a time stamp and a note if any of the dials are red. The reads should reach us by the 28th of each quarter and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the site has any billing queries they can contact the energy bureau for assistance. Also, if the site has any changes to the meters/supply/usage on site they can advise us so that we can monitor the changes in the billing and consumption.
For any queries on billing or to submit meter reads please contact the Oxfordshire County Council energy bureau on email@example.com or by calling 07766 161467