Click on the below links to preview the results:
Primary survey -http://schools.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/sites/schools/files/folders/folder...
Secondary survey - http://schools.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/sites/schools/files/folders/folders/documents/antibullying/2020_Secondary_Bullying_Survey.pdf
The results of this survey will inform our strategic work to prevent and tackle all forms of bullying at a county-level. Participant schools can also use their results to further inform strategic work to eradicate bullying in their settings and create a safe environment for all learners. Individual school results have been emailed out to the Headteachers of participating schools.
- 27% of primary-aged respondents reported to having been bullied in the past 12 months.
- 24% of secondary-aged respondents reported to having been bullied in the past 12 months.
For those who had experienced bullying in the past 12 months:
- Verbal bullying was the most common type of bullying experienced by respondents in both the primary and secondary survey.
- 52% of primary-aged respondents stated that the bullying happened outside of school, 22% took place online.
- 48% of secondary-aged respondents stated that the bullying happened outside of school, 21% happened online.
- In both the primary and secondary survey, the majority of participants reported to being targeted by someone in their class.
- In both the primary and secondary survey, the majority of participants reported not knowing why they were targeted. The second most common response was ‘because of how I look’.
- 70% of primary-aged respondents reported bullying to an adult compared to 58% secondary-aged respondents.
- 44% of secondary-aged respondents reported that it had a significant impact on their self-esteem compared to 28% of primary-aged respondents.
For more information, signposts and relevant school resources on preventing and tackling all forms of bullying (face-to-face and online), click here - http://schools.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/anti-bullying
For more information on free training available to all Oxfordshire Schools, click here - https://schools.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/learner-engagement-school-training-offer