Clerking, finance, policies, procedures and strategic planning.
Governors’ guide to the law
- Governance handbook
- School website legal requirements
- Statutory guidance: Constitution of governing bodies of maintained schools
- Statutory guidance: Home-school agreements
- GLM Standing Orders (.doc format, 819Kb)
- Managing the work of the Governing Body
- Governors Code (.doc format, 37Kb)
- Pecuniary Interest Form (.doc format, 37Kb)
- Pecuniary Interest Form Guidance (.doc format, 37Kb)
A list of policies that you must have.
Model policy guidance for governors to use in schools.
Policies that must be reviewed annually
- Child Protection Policy / Safeguarding Children - Annual report required identifying gaps and weaknesses in policy
- Curriculum policy - H/T responsible for reviewing annually and drawing policy up
- Performance Management - Annual requirement. GBs must review the PM Policy annually and where they see fit, revise the policy
- SEN Policy - GB has to report each year to parents on their policy for pupils for SEN
- Teachers’ Pay Policy - Annual requirement, GBs must review all teachers annually from 1 Sept 2007 and must have a clear pay policy discussed with staff