The Education Quality Team commissions school improvement work.
The core offer will be delivered through partners and direct commissioning and will provide capacity for directly targeted interventions including monitoring, moderation, challenge and support to schools. This applies to schools that are causing concern or judged to be requiring improvement by Ofsted, coasting or below national floor standards of attainment.
School Improvement Officers and those who commission or provide services will work with schools to support wider whole school improvement through traded offers and campaigns.
Oxfordshire Partners in Learning (OPL)
OPL is our school improvement traded offers. We work in partnership with schools to provide whole-school staff development and training as well as bespoke consultancy. Our services are designed with the overall aim of improving the outcomes for all. Through our offers we can help your school to:
- Improve teaching and learning.
- Develop middle and senior management
- Prepare for Ofsted
- Develop your curriculum
Oxfordshire County Council provides Moderation for KS1 and KS2 Statutory Assessments
The Moderation page has more information
We offer the chance for you to work with a team of experienced advisors to ensure your statutory responsibilities are met and best possible outcomes achieved. Our support packages are flexible in the dates and venues, these can be agreed with you to meet your requirements. You can find out more information on the Headteacher appraisals page.
Support is available for Headteacher recruitment
School Improvement Officers resources
- Headteacher Inspection Briefing with Annex (docx format, 38Kb)
- Letter from SIL to Headteacher of good and outstanding School (docx format, 135Kb)
- Letter to Headteacher - desk top review (docx format, 140Kb)
- Managing data in the EYFS schools (docx format, 1.8Mb)
- Ofsted outcome forms (docx format, 21Kb)
- Post inspection - Records of action (docx format, 28Kb)
- Primary SIL Headteacher appraisal - A and B (doc format, 94Kb)
- Progress and target setting (docx format, 128Kb)
- Reception EYFS tracker Appendix 1 (docx format, 28Kb)
- Risk analysis for good and outstanding schools (docx format, 53Kb)
- Schools and learning - Note of visit (doc format, 49Kb)
- Self Evaluation and Raising Achievement Plan (docx format, 162Kb)
- Statement of Action template (doc format, 206Kb)
- School Improvement Record (doc format, 274Kb)
- School review request form (pdf format, 10Kb)
- Timeline example (docx format, 54Kb)
- Traded purchase for schools (doc format, 100Kb)
- Traded purchase for schools - Headteacher appraisal (doc format, 65Kb)
Training and CPD updates via email
Subscribe to Oxfordshire Partners in Learning Update for the latest news and school improvement related training offers.