Schools central record - recruitment
- Schools central record template (xlsx format, 12Kb)
- Recruitment checks and visiting staff in educational settings (pdf format, 29Kb)
Letter from interim Director for Children, Education and Families to attach as an appendix to your school’s central record.
- Recruitment checks and visiting staff in schools - CHO (pdf format, 407Kb)
Letter from Community Health Oxfordshire (CHO) to attach as an appendix to your school's central record.
- Risk assessment pending the issue of a DBS certificate - updated April 2014 (docx format, 72Kb)
- Risk assessment record following disclosure on rehabilitation of offenders form or the CRB disclosure - 2014 update (doc format, 273Kb)
- Template safer recruitment policy for schools (docx format, 115Kb)
- Applying for a criminal record check for someone from oversees
- Personnel file checklist (doc format, 16Kb)
- Guidance on section 128 checks (pdf format, 231Kb)
- Allegations of abuse made against staff and volunteers working with children (pdf format, 890Kb) updated February 2018
- Guidance on the use of photographic images and videos of children in schools (pdf format, 148Kb)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education: for schools and colleges (September 2016) (pdf format, 808Kb)
- Template protocol for dealing with children not collected from school at the end of the school day or school activity (doc format, 716Kb)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy (doc format, 256Kb)
- Use of force to control pupils (pdf format, 28Kb)
- Working together to safeguard children A guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- School visitors policy and procedures (doc format, 65KB)
- Managing allegations against other pupils (docx format, 98KB)
- Social media policy (pf format, 347Kb)
For more information and support with early years settings, please visit the early years website.
- Code of conduct (pdf format, 306Kb)
- Code of Conduct for Parents and Carers (pdf format, 53Kb)
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused - updated March 2015
- Induction for new staff, governors and volunteers (pdf format, 62Kb)
- Teachers' Standards:guidance for school leavers, school staff and governing bodies - July 2011 (updated June 2013) (pdf format, 286KB)
- Whistleblowing policy - updated August 2015 (pdf format, 69Kb)
Key changes to requirements around DBS Checks
Available to download below are some briefing papers outlining some of the key changes to requirements around CRBs introduced through the Freedoms Act. Some changes need to be considered carefully in relation to how they may impact on the recruitment process and the need to continue to operate the safest possible systems.
- Abuse of trust (pdf format, 61Kb)
- Anti-bullying pages
- Bullying and abuse by children and young people (pdf format, 66Kb)
- Guidance and Procedures in Relation to Foreign Exchange Visits (pdf format, 107Kb)
- Intimate care of children and young people (pdf format, 60Kb)
- Keeping child protection records in school (doc format, 85Kb)
Guidance on how to record information about child protection, how long to keep records for. Includes a template recording form for any concerns.
- One to one working (pdf format, 55Kb)
- Safeguarding Policy for under 18 Foreign Students March 2014 (pdf format, 172KB)
- Self harm - Guidelines for staff within school and residential settings in Oxfordshire (.pdf format, 351Kb)
- Sexting in schools and colleges: Responding to incidents and safeguarding young people (pdf format, KB)
- Responding to and managing sexting incidents quick reference sheet (pdf format, KB) 250)
- Simple guidance for staff in education settings on the use of social network sites (pdf format, 92Kb) - updated March 2012
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
The Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children's Board website contains resources and details of available training.
Private fostering arrangements
A private fostering arrangement is one that is made without the involvement of the local authority for the care of a child under the age of 16 (under 18 if disabled) by someone other than a parent or close relative for 28 days or more, in the carer’s own home. Under the Children Act 1989, private foster carers and those with parental responsibility are required to notify the local authority of their intention to privately foster; or have a child privately fostered. Local Authorities must satisfy themselves of the suitability of the private foster carer and their household or accommodation. They have the power to impose requirements on the private foster carer, or if there are serious concerns about an arrangement, to prohibit it.
If you would like further information look at our public website.
- Community Hire Agreement (docx format, 102Kb)
- Appendix 1 Community Hire Agreement (pdf format, 101Kb)
- OCC Hire Room Policy (pdf format, 198Kb)
- Briefing note: safeguarding and extended schools (pdf format, 13Kb)
- Extended services and safeguarding - guidance (pdf format, 15Kb)
- Transfer of control agreement and notes of guidance (doc format, 151Kb)
- Child protection procedures manual
Oxfordshire County Council policies and procedures are available on the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children's Board website.
- DBS checks - trainee teachers (pdf format, 135KB)
- Guidance on child protection procedures for students on extended work experience (pdf format, 83Kb)
- Safeguarding children in Oxfordshire - contact numbers (pdf format, 37Kb)
- Understanding and managing sexual behaviour problems displayed by children and young people in educational settings (pdf format, 72Kb)
North Somerset Serious Case Review
- Letter from Barry Armstrong about the North Somerset SCR (pdf format, 60Kb) - added August 2012
- Serious Case Review: The sexual abuse of pupils in a first school - overview report (pdf format, 200Kb) - added August 2012
- Serious Case Review: The sexual abuse of pupils in a first school - executive summary (pdf format, 112Kb) - added August 2012
- Preventing Extremism FAQ (pdf format, 88Kb)
- General prevent briefing - April 2105 (pdf format, 28 Kb)
- Prevent within schools (pdf format, 160 Kb)
- Prevent within schools (doc format, 115 Kb)
- Channel: advice, guidance and practical support (pdf document, 542 Kb)
- General awareness channel training
- The Prevent Duty: Departmental advice for schools and childcare providers (pdf format, 234Kb)
- Prevent leads of Oxfordshire (pdf format, 531Kb)
- The Designated Officer leaflet (pdf format, 244Kb)
- Poster (pdf format, 91Kb)
- Processes for reporting and managing allegations (pdf format, 225Kb)
- Designated Officers investigatory report form (doc format, 74Kb)
- Designated Officers referral form (doc format, 73Kb)
- Designated Officers suspension risk assessment (doc format, 40Kb)
- DFE guidance on regulated activity
- Keeping Children Safe In Education
- Keeping Children Safe In Education; Part 1
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- DFE guidance; child abuse concerns, a guide for practitioners
- DFE guidance; Designated Teacher for Looked-after children
- DFE guidance; Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006
- DFE guidance, Protecting Children from Radicalisation: the Prevent duty
- DFE guidance; Behaviour and Discipline in Schools: guidance for headteachers and staff
- DFE guidance; Use of reasonable force in schools