Latest news: The new agreed RE syllabus is now available.
Religious education (RE) is part of the basic curriculum and all schools are expected to provide RE for all their pupils. It is soundly based on educational principle and helps pupils develop an understanding of the world, their communities and their own search for meaning, purpose and value in their lives. It develops reflection on experience, deeper thinking, conceptual creativity and knowledge, and understanding of, and sensitivity towards, people of different faiths, beliefs and life-styles.
Agreed syllabus training 2015-2020
- Agreed syllabus learning process (ppt format, 36Kb)
- Agreed syllabus presentation (ppt format, 93Kb)
- Conceptual creativity (ppt format, 38Kb)
- Progression through the aims (pdf format.64Kb)
- Progression through the learning process (pdf format, 73Kb)
- Transition through the key stages (pdf format, 76Kb)
Oxfordshire County Council has statutory duties to set and agree a local syllabus in conjunction with a Standing Advisory Council Religious Education (SACRE).
SACRE provides support to schools on the provision of RE through the Locally Agreed Syllabus. On this web page, you can access: