Recent research and up to date Department for Education (DfE) information will be posted here for easy access. In addition, local case studies, information about local networks, workshops and training will be added as appropriate.
- DfE guidance (updated July 2018) - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings
- DfE guidance on what must be published on the school website - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/what-maintained-schools-must-publish-online
- National Governor’s Association Report – Spotlight on Disadvantage (pdf format, 250Kb). The role and impact of governing bodies in spending, monitoring and evaluating the pupil premium
- Schools and Social Mobility – Amelia Walker, Deputy Director, Research and Evaluation, Ofsted. Amelia Walker (pdf format, 502Kb). This is a very useful overview of Ofsted focus on disadvantage.
- The Ofsted Annual Report 2017-2018. Ofsted annual report (pdf format, 3.8Mb) has a focus on disadvantaged learners.
- The Oxfordshire Pupil Premium Review preparation template (docx format, 256Kb)
- Knowledge Organiser - mind the gap - A very useful cross curricular resource for both secondary and primary teachers
- Closing the Gap Action Plan QE's / The Principles of Instruction - Some good examples of planning for disadvantaged learners.
- EEF Guide for Schools, Governors and Trustees - This is a really useful guide for schools to use when considering how to spend pupil premium funding.
The Learning and School Improvement Team can conduct Pupil Premium Reviews in your school. Please contact us to arrange a visit SchoolImprovementTeam@Oxfordshire.gov.uk