This health and safety service package has been formulated and designed to assist schools to achieve a smooth transition to academy status.
The package content has been developed from:
- Experiences of other schools who have already converted
- Requirement to continually review and improve services
- Expertise from the Health and Safety Team for Oxfordshire County Council
- Academies Conversion Committee strategic plans
The package is specifically costed to cover actual expenditure to provide the package.
Key benefits to the school
This package is additional to the Health and Safety (Maintained Schools) service. The package is designed to assist in navigating schools towards achieving statutory compliance as a standalone commercial business. At the conclusion of the conversion package, it is hoped the school should feel confident to take on its newly acquired health and safety responsibilities as an academy.
You will be allocated a Health and Safety Officer from the team who will be assigned to you throughout the duration of the package.
The package will run for four months on average but slippage and variation will be factored in if needed by you.
What does the service offer?
- A health and safety document identifying the key issues and template policies and documentation including servicing requirement calendar and planner
- Up to three days of Health and Safety Officer time, which is variable according to the circumstances, to support and advise of specific site actions identified and any individual concerns unique to your site. This will include a summary report of the recommendations agreed
- Included will be direct access via phone and email to the allocated officer
- A briefing for Senior Leadership Teams, trustees, key employees and governors lasting approximately 1 hour with time for questions and agreeing key roles for identified employees facilitated by the schools Health and Safety Team Manager and officer
- Essentials of health and safety at work book produced by the HSE
- Current documentation related to accountability and strategic decisions and roles for the Board of Directors or Trustees produced by enforcement authorities
Conversion to academy package: £500 to £2,500 based on individual requirements.
This is only offered to schools who are undertaking or have just completed conversion to academy status. It is designed to assist the smooth the transition of status to academy.
Schools' Health and Safety Team Manager
Tel: 01865 797179