This service is provided to maintained schools through our partnership with Hampshire County Council, and must be taken with IBC HR and Finance Services and Education Finance Services.
The service is available to academies as a stand-alone service direct from Hampshire County Council.
Education Personnel Services provides headteachers and governors in schools with advice and support to manage staff effectively to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
We can help your school to
- comply with employment law
- follow best practice in managing your staff.
Key benefits to the school
- Access to high quality professional support and advice when you need it.
- Peace of mind when dealing with any HR issue.
- Customer Charter: a set of pledges which personalise the service and provide opportunities for feedback.
- Access to a specialist team available to answer your queries through our helpdesk which is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Friday 52 weeks per year.
- We give you a choice of options, personalised to meet the needs of your own situation, ensuring the power to decide the direction of your school remains firmly in your own hands.
What does the service offer?
Our HR Consultants are professional staff with extensive experience, a commitment to achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and a detailed understanding of the needs of the schools. This service provides full access to our consultants through e-mail, telephone and if appropriate, face to face support.
Education Personnel Services provides advice and support with all HR issues, employee relations and casework, whether routine or complex, including:
- appraisal and managing performance
- professional capability
- sickness absence
- workforce organisation including advice and support with managing change
- managing staff reductions and redundancy
- transfer of staff and implications of TUPE regulations
- consultation with trade unions
- Oxfordshire's model policies and procedures
- pay and conditions, advice, interpretation and development of national and local terms for teachers and support staff
Education Personnel Services can also provide:
- Recruitment and advertising: support including access to Education Jobs.
- Access to training, standardised and bespoke training solutions for leaders, managers, support staff and governors – separate charges will apply.
- DBS checks will be available – separate charges will apply.
Includes full access to the HR Support Desk and an unlimited number of standard averts on the recruitment website, email, telephone and consultant support.
- £25 per occupied post
- minimum charge £300 per school
- price available on application direct to EPS