To understand the concept of school readiness and the importance of collaborative working.
- Free school
- Children's Centre
- Local Authority
- Maintained School
- Nursery school
- Out of school (e.g. Breakfast/After school club, holiday playscheme)
By the end of the conference participants will be able to:
- Approach school readiness by exploring the holistic, multisensory experiences children need during their early years to become confident, self-motivated and courageous lifelong learners.
- Be creative and resourceful when using 30 hrs funding.
- Know what Ofsted’s outlook on school readiness is.
- Understand the Early Help Assessment and the importance of early intervention.
- Consider the two assessments at age 2, which are complementary and equally important.
- Understand the importance of early storytelling in children’s lives.
- Be inspired by our motivational speaker Claire Lomas - experience of living with a life changing disability
- Kathryn Peckham - author of Developing School Readiness
- Harry Paget-Wall Collins, Headteacher, Hanwell Fields Primary School – Providing 30 hrs within school.
- Fiona Henderson, Oxfordshire Health Visiting – To discuss health and development in Oxfordshire
- Susan Mann, Ofsted - Senior Her Majesty's Inspector, Early Years. What Ofsted think School Readiness is
- Jo Lloyd, Locality Community and Support Service (LCSS) – Early Help Assessment
- David Melling – Author of Hugless Dougless
- Claire Lomas – Motivational speaker