For more information about other SENSS teams please refer to our local offer pages.
What’s important to us (our values):
We work in partnership to secure good outcomes and a positive future for children and young people with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) and Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
Our aim is that children and young people with SLCN and ASC make good progress, achieve well and enjoy school, family and community life.
What we do:
- Support, advise and empower staff in schools and settings to understand the needs of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs and Autism Spectrum Conditions.
- Provide assessment and advice in relation to the child / young person’s speech, language and communication needs or Autism Spectrum Condition.
- Ensure that the views, wishes, perspectives and experiences of the children and young people are fully reflected in their provision.
- Support children and young people to develop a positive understanding of their own speech, language and communication needs or Autism Spectrum Condition.
- Carry out assessments in relation to specialist equipment.
- Make specialist provision for children with particular needs in a number of specialist Resources Bases attached to mainstream schools.
Who we offer this service to:
We work with children and young people with:
- Speech, language and communication needs
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
From when they start nursery or reception at their local school.
How and when we do it:
- We are a service which is available during school term time.
- We work primarily in schools and educational settings, but also in homes, where necessary.
- We have a range of professionals in our teams including specialist advisory teachers, support workers and technicians
- We work closely with SENCOs, class teachers, teaching assistants and other support staff in schools.
- We liaise closely with families and we work collaboratively with other agencies involved with the child.
- We provide advice, support, interventions and some direct teaching.
- We offer a range of training from individual training around a child’s needs to whole school and area based specialist courses to support continuing professional development
How to contact us:
Please call any of these numbers if you are unsure.
SENSS Central - 01865 323070
SENSS South - 01865 323070
SENSS North - 01865 816970
SEN Support Services
The Wheatley Centre
Oxfordshire OX33 1PH
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm term-time only. Please leave a message if no-one is available to take your call.
Supporting people with Learning difficulty, Communication impairment, Autistic Spectrum Condition
Referral required? Yes
Referrals can be made: